SUMMARY OF POSITION :
Establish an organizational strategy whereby the Company’s products are manufactured, packaged, and delivered to customers’ on-time, to the specified design and quality, with minimal transportation expense, at the optimum (minimum) cost to the organization.
Additionally, responsible for the effective introduction (launch) of new products to achieve customer and Company operational and financial objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Develop a supply chain strategy for the business to achieve its overall strategic objectives.
Product cost estimating
Sourcing raw materials
Forecasting and order processing
Manufacturing operations (internal or outsourced)
2. Achieve a level of safety performance in all aspects that protects employees and protects the Company’s assets both human and otherwise.
3. Oversee the development and implementation of an effective Quality strategy and systems.
4. Establish the manufacturing footprint and systems to produce product to the appropriate quality and design to meet customer requirements within the cost established by the Company.
5. P&L responsibility (all individual productions sites + corporate departments at her / his responsibility).
6. Establish the process for developing costing to support new product quoting.
7. Direct the development of an effective Purchasing process for raw materials, components, and services to meet the supply chain requirements.
8. Maintain the optimum level of inventory (raw, in-process, finished) and establish the systems and processes to ensure that the inventory is controlled and reported correctly.
9. Ensure that the performance of outside suppliers meets or exceeds the requirements of the Company.
10. Establish operations strategies to support for the growth initiatives of the organization.
11. Work within the established annual operations targets and capital budgets.
12. Responsible for the performance management and development of the operations staff.
13. Responsible for effective introduction of new programs (new programs management / new programs Launch.
14. Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices such as; utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety standards.
15. Comply with all IATF 16949 & ISO-14001 procedures and work instructions related to your job description.
16. Performs all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work within JAC Products Inc.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES :
Expert knowledge of key functional areas like Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Program Management.
Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement within the supply chain.
Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
Effective communication and interpersonal presentation skills
Detail oriented and highly organized
PREFERRED EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Engineering Degree required
Advanced Business Degree preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE :
8-10 years management of core Supply Chain functions
3-5 years in senior operations leadership roles in a complex business
Multisite management experience