Are you interested in joining a fast-growing international startup, to work in creating a scalable, maintainable, and reliable data infrastructure, which solves consumer and micro-entrepreneurs challenges in accessing financial services? You will be ultimately responsible for extracting, transforming, reporting, and visualizing data thereby improving our operations and processes.
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services, especially credit. QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech startup in Nigeria, with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1 Million people and has processed over 2.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people is located between Nigeria and Portugal.
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Senior BI Analyst to join its team in Porto/Covilha. As a BI Analyst at QuickCheck, your main duties include extracting, transforming, reporting, and visualizing raw data and working across departments to collaborate on new initiatives, thereby improving our operations and processes.
Primary responsibilities for this role
- Develop and execute credit portfolio risk monitoring activities, including analytics.
- Create, enhance and maintain reports on key risk metrics, concentrations, and stratifications of the loan portfolio.
- Prepare and provide clear and accurate information as requested by auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Anticipate regulatory risk by regularly monitoring the regulatory landscape.
- Responsible for preparing ad-hoc risk management reports as assigned.
- Responsible for the update of relationship loan histories, and determining appropriate exposure levels.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Developers, UI/UX Designers, Marketing & Growth) to optimize conversion rates
- A Graduate degree in a relevant field of study, previous experience in the financial sector is a strong plus
- Ideally, you have a good understanding of Credit Risk Management and the metrics that are used to measure these risks
- Some experience with coordinating IT implementation projects and the ability to work on multiple tasks in a non-routine environment
- Need to have some technical affinity, to better understand what the coders are doing, paired with data analysis skills (e.g. SQL queries)
- Skilled in Excel and handling of large data (with SQL); basic coding skills in at least one programming language [and experience with statistical modeling] are an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze significant amounts of raw data and draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to troubleshoot data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent command of English and communication skills
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Powered by JazzHR