Enlightenment.AI (EAI) is a Data Strategy consultancy company, helping businesses harness the potential of data science and artificial intelligence.
In this role you will be exposed to different projects, helping migrate data from legacy systems to the cloud. You will work in a data-driven and business oriented context, implementing processes to ensure high data quality and data readiness for all business use cases.
The location will depend on the project and client needs, so it can be on-site, remote or mixed.
Our approach with our clients is holistic, we help them tune their strategy and reach their goals through DS and AI. To do this we need to have deep knowledge and understanding of how their business works. This means that, while our work is focused on data science, some of our work is also non-technical.
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design and build production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a big data architecture
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Define security and backup procedures
- Implement processes to enhance data quality and reliability
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Coordinate with the Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- Strong analytic skills
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. pyplot, D3.js, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Problem-solving attitude
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ queries, pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Sapere aude (read Immanuel Kant's “What is Enlightenment?")
- Honey Badger personality: fearless (poisonous snake killer), clever and resourceful (search for honey badger houdini)
- Values high quality, high performance, serious work
- Growth mindset and wanting to be part of the winning team
- Online form
- Record an “elevator pitch”
- Technical test