Are you interested in joining a fast-growing international startup, to work in creating a scalable, maintainable, and reliable data infrastructure, which solves consumer and micro-entrepreneurs challenges in accessing financial services? You will be ultimately responsible for extracting, transforming, reporting, and visualizing data thereby improving our operations and processes.
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services, especially credit. QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech startup in Nigeria, with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1 Million people and has processed over 2.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people is located between Nigeria and Portugal.
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Operational Risk Manager to join its team in Porto. As an Operational Risk Manager at QuickCheck, your main duties are analysing the processes to keep on track possible risks, and implementing new improvements to help mitigate the risks and improve the quality.
Primary responsibilities for this role
- Develop operational risk policies and standards for risk management.
- Perform operational risk identification and assessment by process mapping.
- Implement a strategic plan to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks.
- Development of key risk and control indicators.
- Track and monitor operational risk issues.
- Investigate root causes of operational risks and provide support to mitigate risk.
- Maintain documentation for risk management and risk policies and procedures.
- A Graduate degree in engineering with a background in management or quality. Previous experience in the financial sector is a strong plus.
- Experience in continuous improvement projects or quality projects in an IT environment is required.
- Ideally, you have a green belt or black belt in Lean Six Sigma.
- Skilled in Excel and handling of large data (with SQL); basic coding skills in at least one programming language [and experience with statistical modeling] are an asset.
- Drived through analytics and improvement of processes.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent command of English and communication skills.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and get shit done attitude
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR