The System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) Administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining the enterprise SCOM platform.
The SCOM Administrator will be responsible for collaborating with Windows and Linux systems administrators, application administrators and developers, internal and external support teams, to determine requirements for thresholds, filters, events, alerts, and dashboards and reporting.
This role also has responsibility for maintaining integrations from other monitoring solutions that route to/from SCOM or an Orchestrator based workflow, as necessary.
- Perform administrative tasks and maintenance plans for the entire System Center Operations Manager infrastructure;
- Provide application support for the SCOM platform;
- Create and maintain monitoring and notification rules;
- Create and maintain Linux agent deployment using Ansible or Orchestrator;
- Review and update SCOM console security, apply patches, create SCOM console roles and reviews;
- Audit and scope customer access to SCOM alerts and data;
- Create and install custom Management Packs (MP);
- Deliver SCOM views via SharePoint web part and SCOM web console;
- Create custom reports on results of SCOM monitoring, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technology;
- Provide problem resolution for SCOM components and related custom scripts;
- Document process and procedures in administrating SCOM;
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills to maintain accurate system documentation and provide training as required;
- Work closely with administrators, engineers, and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are met.
- Bachelor degree in a computer-related discipline or 4-5 years IT work; experience in an Enterprise information technology infrastructure environment.;
- Must have a minimum Secret Clearance;
- Must have COMPTIA Security +;
- Experience in performing System Administration;
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills;
- Must have critical thinking skills.
- Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007/2012/2016;
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring;
- Experience with System Center Suite such as Orchestrator;
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM and Orchestrator;
- Experience with major Microsoft technologies including Windows operating systems, Active Directory Domain Services, Active Directory Federation Services, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Office, Skype for Business, and Azure Government;
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies;
- Knowledge of multiple processor systems, RAID hardware, SCSI attached, and storage area network solutions, preferably experience with HP, IBM, and/or Nutanix hardware;
- Must have Computing Environmental Certification;
- DOD experience desirable.