1. Administers the activity based overhead allocation program to the plan’s cost centers and calculates the cost center data to determine overhead rates by activity for quoting purposes.
2. Develops and monitors the implementation of finance related timetables such as budget preparation, sales forecasts and departmental operation expenses.
3. Maintains and secures the assets of the plant by ensuring an adequate system of internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets.
4. Develops, analyzes, and interprets statistical and accounting data in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the financial soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
5. Prepares and analyzes reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, expenses, and other financial data based on past, present, and future operations, and uses the results to formulate improvement strategies.
6. Assures that all cost increases, tool billings, and contractual cost reduction obligations are handled on a timely basis.
7. Conducts studies to correct or improve plant operating efficiency and makes recommendations to enhance profitability.
8. Analyzes profit and loss standards and performance records to determine substandard results.
9. Assist in planning and implementing an inventory reporting system to improve maintenance of current inventory levels and the costs associated.
10. Monitors and approves all capital expenditures and fund requests.
11. Prepares annual operating budget and strategic planning.
12. Advises on monthly income statements with emphasis on production variances.
13. Ensures compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures.