Education Required: Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline preferred
Position start: ASAP
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
The Technical Proposal Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing technical scopes of work for use by the Engineering Management and Project Management functions in the estimation and execution management of the full range of proposals, projects and engineering programs undertaken by Principle Power.
The Technical Proposal Manager may also be called upon to assist project teams in the development of technical scopes of work addressing procurement, construction and logistics activities associated with the development of WindFloat based wind farm developments.
The Technical Proposal Manager reports to the VP Engineering.
Internal: Engineering Discipline Leads, Engineering Lead Planner, Project Engineering Managers, Project/Study Managers, Business Development Managers
External: Customer, Wind turbine Manufacturers, Fabricators, Installation Contractors, Engineering Subcontractors, and Equipment Vendors
- Establish a suite of master Engineering scopes of work (including WBS, inputs, task descriptions, outputs, exclusions, MDR and high-level schedule) for the full range of WindFloat Engineering and R&D projects to include: Concept Definition, Pre-FEED, FEED / Basic Design, Detailed Design, Execution support, and O&M
- In response to RFQs or client’s requests (including change orders), engage with the client and internal stakeholders to develop tender-specific technical scopes of work (including WBS, inputs, task descriptions, outputs, exclusions, MDR and high-level schedule) to support schedule/CTR development and proposal development.
- For successful project awards, update technical scopes of work to establish the baseline project’s scope of work.
- Manage each project’s scope of work to reflect progress and agreed changes and feed back into the master Engineering proposals.
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum 8 years of directly applicable professional experience is required.
- 10+ years is highly preferred.
- Experience in drafting technical scopes of work, and understanding of commercial bid processes and engineering planning would be an advantage.
- In-depth experience of offshore floating platform engineering and delivery for the wind energy and/or oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated experience in the definition of Engineering scopes of work for floating offshore platforms either in the wind industry (preferred) or oil and gas
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Fluency in English (both written and oral); proficiency in French and Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Systematic and detail-oriented approach to deliver high-quality outputs both within defined schedules and with short notice
- Process and results oriented with high degree of operational autonomy and responsibility for output
- Customer-minded and collaborative
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment and willing to travel abroad to support responsibilities, potentially for extended durations
- Authorization to work in the location we are hiring for
- Willingness to bridge the time gap between US and Europe